Overview of Disability Services
Our Academic Success Office provides an array of accommodations for students who qualify. These accommodations include but are not limited to:
- Accessible classrooms, location, furniture
- Taped textbooks and lectures
- Course text/materials in alternative formats
- Exam modifications (extended time, reader, quiet space, etc.)
- Assistive technology
- Sign language interpreters
Students with disabilities are encouraged to take an active role in advocating for their needs and securing services to attain reasonable, effective, and appropriate accommodations. The Office of Academic Success will assist students in acquiring the skills necessary for them to achieve the level of personal growth that will enable them to achieve their goals as independently as possible.
Disability Services Accommodation Approval Process
After you have attended New Student Registration Orientation (NSRO) or registered for classes with an advisor, here are the necessary steps to complete to receive accommodations:
1. Fill out the Disability Accommodation Request Form to let us know a little bit about you and what accommodations you would like to receive.
Please send your Accommodation Request Form by email to email@example.com or fax to (712) 388-6850.
2. You will need to provide documentation of a disability before accommodations can be provided. Acceptable documentation includes a recent Individualized Education Plan (IEP), letter from a licensed mental health practitioner or medical provider on letter head, or documentation from Veteran’s Affairs.
Please send your documentation by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (712) 388-6850.
3. Finally, you will need to make an Intake appointment with the Disability Services Coordinator to go over your documentation and establish which accommodations will help you be successful at Iowa Western.
To schedule an appointment, call (712) 325-3299 or visit you can book me to set up a time for your intake appointment.